Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's Dark and You're Cheating

Summer is coming to an end which means 6am is getting darker and darker. Every day that we run my texts to Chanelle start with “It’s dark.” followed by “Are you running with Koi? You’re cheating.” Seriously, her dog is huge – I’m certain he pulls her along during the runs. Cheating!  That has to be why she consistently has a better average/mile than me, right? To be honest, my 15lb Boston Terrier would pull me along if I let her – that is how slow I am. Slow and steady wins the race – that’s my motto! If I’m being really honest, the truth is Chanelle is pretty fast with or without Koi, I just don’t like to admit it. It’s similar to a sibling rivalry situation. Even though we are cousins, most of my life I considered myself to be the youngest of the Finley children – we are all two years apart – it just made sense.
Normally on Saturdays we get to run when it's light out – but considering I was moving this weekend I had to be out of town by 8am. Thanks to my comitted running partner a 6am run was on the agenda – on a Saturday – yikes. It was so dark the pictures I took of Chanelle and Koi cheating didn’t turn out. So in lieu of a Saturday running photo, I am including a little gem from 1986. I’d say we pretty much look the same – except now we have prettier hair. And prettier pajamas.

XO,
Chantele

No comments:

Post a Comment