Friday, November 30, 2012

Mmm Big Gulps, Huh?

Welp, see ya later! If you're a fan of Dumb & Dumber you know that means it's time for a road-trip - and more importantly it's time to do the Strip at Night! Race weekend is FINALLY here! Excited - relieved - nervous: it's a myriad of emotions going on over here. I have to admit it's been a little rough this last month. Being sick took me out of the game for 3 weeks - then the time changed and it was too dark to run at night - we lost motivation for a bit - Ryan got sprayed in the face with pepper spray - it's too cold to run in skirts and I don't like to run in pants (I have more excuses - do you need them)? Unfortunately, weekend runs have been the only thing keeping us going. To be honest, it's helped take the pressure off! We're not so focused now on trying to get a good finish time as we are focused on just running to have fun. 13.1 miles will be over before we know it!

I'm thankful I've had such a great running partner; the past 5 months of training have been so much fun! It has been a delightful journey, a time for self discovery and a time for building a great friendship. You know what they say: Blisters Heal - Muscles Recover - Friendships Last Forever.

Of all things to care about Chanelle and I spent a good amount of time deciding what to wear (and true to form, she refused to send me a vanity pic - so she went all "wicked witch of the west" with it - she's a hoot). Chances are I will also have on a lime green jacket - color overload? Yes.


Well, bags are packed and we are taking off in a few hours. Wish us luck and stay tuned for a post-race update!

xoxo,

Chantele

No comments:

Post a Comment