Monday, November 5, 2012

FACT: Pepper Spray Is a Weapon

It has been far too long since the last post...so much has happened!  Let’s see, last weekend was our first long run (10 miles!) so we decided to run as group for moral support: Chantele, Lisa, Scott and I started out hopeful and energized.  Thankfully the weather was nice.  Scott and Lisa had other commitments and left us after 4 miles. Chantele tried to convince me that we should just do 4 miles Saturday and 6 miles on Sunday. I didn’t buy it and made encouraged her to finish because we were going out for Halloween that night – there was no way we would have wanted to run on Sunday. I was right.  The run went pretty well. We started out with "this used to be our hardest long run” when we got to 5 miles…then it went to “we got this" around mile 8… and finished with “wow next week will be better.” But let me tell you - next week hit and WOW!!!  I felt like I got hit by a bus.  I ran on Monday and that was it – I was drained – I had no energy and just wanted to sleep. Unfortunately, Chantele had gotten sicker than me and only ran Monday as well.  The 11 mile challenge on Saturday came up quicker than I had hoped and all I can say is disaster!  I picked a route I thought would be pretty and it ended up being nothing but hills, pepper spray, dogs and feeling like crawling to the car. Yikes!! Chantele still wasn’t able to run but Ryan did fill her in via text and I just have to laugh as it brings back the day:

He's such a trooper!

On a positive note I can't wait for next weekend as it will be the last long run (12 miles) before the race. Smooth sailing from there!

Live – Love- Run,

Chanelle

No comments:

Post a Comment